Thursday 24 March 2011

Mathematics Enrichment Class Session 1

Here are the questions for today's session. It's alright if you can't do the questions now. I will post some of the facts and website for you to gather more knowledge to help you do these questions.


Q1. 6, 14 and 15 are factors of a whole number. What is the smallest value that this number can be?

Q2. A fisherman sold some big fish at $4 each and twice as many small fish at $1 each. He received a total of  $72 for the big and small fish. How many big fish did he sell?

Q3. A Magic Square has the property that the sum of three numbers in each row, column and diagonal is the same. What is the number at the centre of the Magic Square as shown?



Q4. Mr Tay went to a store and spent half of his money and $14 more. He went to another store and spent one-third of his remaining money and $14 more. Afterwhich he had no money left. How much did he have when he entered the first store?

Q5. When I open my story book, two pages face me and the sum of the page numbers is 317. What is the number of the very next page?

1 comment:

  1. Wow,it's tough,I can't do it!!!But I want to try!!!!

    ReplyDelete